"Free Online Backup Data Storage - Box.net"
Nowadays, there are lots of online backup data storage services available. One of the free online backup solutions that I recommend is box.net. I personally used the service as it's reliable.
Among the many ways to back up your files are online data backups. Online backups are great for businesses, as they will protect your data. You can log in at anytime, and access your data. If your hard drive crashes, you can easily access the information you need without having to wait until your data is recovered by a specialist.
The best thing about online data backups is the fact that the information isn't stored at your office. It doesn't require the amount of space that CD or DVD media back up uses, nor do you have to protect it from employees who aren't authorized to access it.
So to use one of the online backup data storage, you can use Box.net. Just connect online and type in www.box.net in the address bar of your browser.
To sign up or login
- If you are new user, you need to register by filling in your details in the Sign Up Now section and click the Continue button.
- If you already sign up before, click the Or Login link. Then, key in your Email/Username and Password and click the Login button.
Once you login, you can see the following screen (top portion). Click on the All Files tab, this is the area whereby you can create new folders and upload the files.
To use the box.net features
- To create a new folder, click on the New Folder button. Then, give a folder name and click the Okay button.
- To upload files, click the Upload button. Then, click the Add Files button to browse the file that you wish to upload. When finish, click the Upload button.
- To edit, update, share, delete, etc of a file, click the blue color down arrow button at the right hand side of the uploaded file and select the suitable option.
- To change the settings, click on the Settings (just below the username).
- Once finish, click Logout will exit the program.
Note: To upload files to a particular folder, you must browse to the folder first before uploading files.
Although online data backups are great, they do have some concerns with security. Although the server is indeed encrypted, it isn't completely safe. Hackers can get into the system if they are good enough, although it is very rare.
But one of the clear advantages of the online backup data storage such as box.net is that you can access your files anywhere around the world at anytime with a computer and Internet connections.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Related Computer Training Links:
Back to Top
You're viewing the Online backup data storage info page, click here to go back to the Home Page