"Setup Windows XP: How to Install or Reinstall Microsoft Windows XP (Part 2)? "
This is the part 2 of 'How to setup Windows XP?' series. If you missed the part 1, I suggest you to read it first on how to install Windows XP.
This part will continue the installation steps to the completion of installing Windows XP. As usual, all the steps are clearly explained and supported with graphical screens captured from the program.
If you are installing Windows XP, no matter which editions that come with service pack (1, 2 or 3), you still can follow the steps here to help you successfully install the operating system.
14. After the restart, the setup process will continue loading in graphical user interface (GUI) mode. It will take some time and you don't need to do anything now.
15. Then the Regional and Language Options dialog box will pop out. If necessary, click the Customize button to change the settings. You can click the button especially if you want to install additional languages other than English.
16. Once you click on the button, there is another dialog box pop out with three tabs, Regional Options, Language, and Advanced. Select the necessary options and click Apply and it will take some time to install these settings before click the OK button. Click the Next button to continue installing Windows.
17. You are required to key in the Name and Organization to personalize your software. Click the Next button to proceed.
18. You are required to key in the 25-character product key that can found on your CD case. Insert it correctly and click Next to continue.
19. Now you can insert a computer name and administrator password. However, you can choose to bypass the steps by clicking on the Next button, the setup will continue installing Windows.
20. Select the date & time, and time zone settings based on your location and click Next to continue.
21. Setup will now continue installing the network components.
22. After a few seconds you will receive the Networking Settings dialog box. Press the Next button to accept the Typical settings option.
23. The next screen will ask you about the workgroup or domain. Just accept the default settings [No, this computer is not...] and click Next button to continue. We will setup the network separately later if needed.
24. Setup will continue installing Windows by copying files and configuring the setup. It takes some time so just sit back and wait.
25. The setup process will restart the computer automatically. Again, it will show Press any key to boot from CD... screen, do not press any key and the following screen will appear. Just click the OK button to let Windows automatically adjust the screen resolution.
26. The next screen shows the Monitor Settings. Click OK button to continue.
27. Then, you will see the following screen.
28. You will see the 'Welcome to Microsoft Windows' screen. Click Next to continue.
29. The next screen will check your Internet connectivity. Here we will skip the step by clicking on the Skip button. You will need to setup the Internet connection manually later.
30. Then, you have the option whether to register with Microsoft or not. Choose the No, not at this time option. Click Next to continue.
31. The following screen will ask you to key in the name for the persons that will use the PC. You must insert at least one name and click the Next button.
32. When you see the Thanks you! Congratulations, you are just one step away to completely setup Windows XP. Click the Finish button to complete the installation.
33. You will bring to the Windows XP desktop environment.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Other Computer Training Links:
Back to Top
You're viewing the Setup Windows XP info page, click here to go back to the Home Page