"Vista System Requirements: What are the Minimum Specifications You Needs to Install Windows Vista?"
If you are unsure, here I will let you know the different versions of Windows Vista system requirements.
Windows Vista requires considerable hardware significantly more than previous versions of Windows. So, if you intend to upgrade from the existing system, make sure you know the minimum Vista system requirements.
There are many different versions of Windows Vista, and because it is possible to run Windows Vista without the Windows Vista Aero, the exact hardware requirements are somewhat confusing.
To help make things a little less confusing, Microsoft has set two levels of hardware for Windows Vista Home Basic and Windows Vista Home Premium / Business / Ultimate.
A Windows Vista Basic PC has these minimum hardware requirements:
- An 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- DirectX 9-capable graphics processor (Windows Display Driver Model [WDDM] driver support recommended) with a minimum of 64 MB of memory, preferably 128 MB
- 20 GB hard disk, with at least 15 GB free space
- DVD-ROM/RW drive
A Windows Vista Home Premium / Business / Ultimate PC has these minimum system requirements:
- A 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- DirectX 9-capable graphics processor that supports WDDM driver support, Pixel Shader 2.0 support in hardware, 32 bits per pixel graphics resolution, and a minimum of 128 MB of memory
- 40 GB hard disk, with at least 15 GB free space. 22 GB hard drive space is required to use BitLocker.
- DVD-ROM/RW drive
Obviously, more is better, so it's a good idea to exceed these requirements when running multiple heavy duties tasks.
If you are not sure your computer specifications, here it's:
- Right-click on My Computer (in Windows XP) and from the menu pop-up, click Properties.
- From the System Properties dialog box displayed, the processor and RAM information is display there.
Can't find what you're looking for? Try Google Search!
Other Computer Training Links:
Back to Top
You're viewing the Vista System Requirements info page, click here to go back to the Home Page